LEGO has (finally) officially announced the release of 10268 Ford Mustang – the latest in the line of exceptional large scale car models from Creator Expert.
Set to be released on March 1st, and costing US $149.99 / DE €129.99 / UK £119.99 / AU $199.99, this stunning 1960s vehicle contains 1,471 pieces.
I’m a big fan of the Creator Expert vehicles, and own a few of them, but this has to take the spot of best vehicle yet. There’s some glorious details!
The dark blue paintwork with the white racing stripes are striking, and the shaping is absolutely spot on. There’s been some shockers recently (Aston Martin anyone?), but this is LEGO vehicle perfection.
The features on the stock version of the car include a bonnet scoop, printed Mustang grille badge, GT emblems and brand new 5-spoke rims.
Lift the bonnet and you’ll be able to see a beautifully crafted V8 engine, complete with all the details.
Inside the Mustang are a mid-console gearshift, adjustable seats, radio, and working steering! Finally! Turn the steering wheel, and the front wheels move.
This was one aspect that was hotly speculated when the first image was leaked, as the front tyres were at a slight angle. Was it just photoshopped? Did it have steering? Yes! It does.
If you want to give it a bit of a boost, then it comes with some additional extras – supercharger, rear spoiler, chunky exhaust pipes, chin spoiler, and yes, a nitrous oxide tank for the boot!
This looks brilliant. Vehicle perfection!
It’s also able to be lifted at the back axle.
I am really excited for this set. I’m a big car fan, and especially if it’s a big, mean V8. There’s nothing like seeing a classic Mustang cruising down the road.
The full press release is below, as well as a few more images.
10265 Ford Mustang
Ages 16+. 1,471 pieces
US $149.99 – CA $199.99 – DE €129.99 – UK £119.99 – FR €139.99 – DK 1,199DKK – AU $199.99
*Euro pricing varies by country. Please visit shop.LEGO.com for regional pricing.
Build and customize your very own 1960s Ford Mustang!
Discover the magic of an iconic 1960s American muscle car with the LEGO® Creator Ford Mustang, featuring dark-blue bodywork with white racing stripes, bonnet scoop, printed mustang grille badge, GT emblems and 5-spoke rims with road-gripping tires. Developed with input from Ford, this authentic replica comes with optional add-ons for customization, including a selection of license plates, supercharger, rear ducktail spoiler, beefy exhaust pipes, front chin spoiler and a nitrous oxide tank. You can even adjust the lift of the rear axle for an extra-mean look! Remove the roof panel or open the doors and you have access to the detailed interior with handsome seats, radio, working steering and a mid-console gearshift. Store items in the trunk or lift the hood to reveal a detailed big block 390 V8 engine with battery, hoses and air filter detailing. This advanced building set has been designed to provide a challenging and rewarding building experience full of nostalgia and makes a great centerpiece for the home or office.
– Authentic replica of a 1960s Ford Mustang featuring dark-blue bodywork with white racing stripes, air scoop, 5-spoke rims with road-gripping tires, and a selection customization add-ons.
– Open the doors or remove the roof panel to access the detailed interior with handsome seats, radio, mid-console gearshift and working steering.
– Open the trunk to store items and lift the hood to reveal a detailed Ford Mustang V8 engine with battery, hoses and air filter.
– Also includes a printed mustang grille badge and 2 GT emblems.
– Customize the Ford Mustang with the included supercharger, rear ducktail spoiler, beefy exhaust pipes, front chin spoiler and a nitrous oxide tank.
– Choose from a selection of license plates.
– Lift the hood to check out the realistic engine detailing.
– Adjust the lift of the rear axle for a real mean look!
– This Mustang toy car model includes 1,470 pieces and is suitable for ages 16+.
– New-for-March-2019 special elements include 5-spoke rims, 2×8 brick with bow, 1×3 mustang logo tile, 2×4 bow with ‘GT’ Emblem.
– Measures over 3” (10cm) high, 13” (34cm) long and 5” (14cm) wide.