Next month is May, and that means one thing – Star Wars Day. May 4th is a big day in the LEGO calendar, thanks to the amazing relationship LEGO has with the Star Wars franchise. We can often expect big releases around this time, and we’ve not been left disappointed. LEGO has officially announced 75244 Tantive IV. It’s a whopper!
There’s a few interesting things to note. It’s not considered a UCS set, or a member of the Master Builder Series, and given that this year is the 20th year of LEGO Star Wars, I was expecting a 20th Anniversary brand on it as well.
If you’re not familiar the Rebel blockade runner, let me fill you in. This ship is the one that Princess Leia is on when we see her at the very start of the story in A New Hope, looking for Obi-Wan Kenobi. This is a pivotal ship in the story, so it’s great that it’s been given another go.
This isn’t the first time LEGO has produced the Tantive IV. The original one was back in 2009 – 10198 Tantive IV, which is 360 parts less than this one. Then there was 75011 Tantive IV & Planet Alderaan in 2013’s planet set series.
This one has a fair bit of detail. Detachable escape pods, elevating gun turrets, cargo hold, and those 11 monster engines at the back of the vessel.
There’s also details inside – a cockpit with space for two minifigures, conference area with table, weapon rack, and a control console with two seats.
The radar dish also works as a carry handle, so you can swoosh it around the house!
There’s five minifigures included – Bail Organa, Princess Leia, Captain Antilles, C-3PO and R2-D2, and a Rebel Fleet Trooper. Princess Leia also has a new skirt piece.
You can read the full press release below, as well as check out some more images.
75244 Tantive IV™
Ages 12+. 1768 pieces
US $199.99 – CA $269.99 – DE €199.99 – UK £179.99 – FR €219.99 – DK 1799DKK – AUD $329.99
*Euro pricing varies by country. Please visit shop.LEGO.com for regional pricing.
Own an iconic Rebel blockade runner—Tantive IV!
Build, play and display a legendary Star Wars™ starship! This LEGO® Star Wars 75244 interpretation of Tantive IV, seen fleeing from an Imperial Star Destroyer in the opening moments of Star Wars: A New Hope, faithfully recreates all of the Rebel cruiser’s signature details, including an elongated hull, detachable escape pods, elevating gun turrets, cargo hold and 11 massive engines at the back. Remove the hull plating of this fantastic LEGO Star Wars vehicle to reveal a detailed 2-minifigure cockpit, conference area with table, weapon rack and a control console with 2 seats. The radar dish also doubles as a convenient carry handle, which makes it perfect for flying around the room. When the mission is over, this amazing kids’ buildable toy also makes a great centerpiece for any LEGO Star Wars collection. The set also includes 5 minifigures and an R2-D2 droid LEGO figure.
– Includes 5 LEGO® Star Wars™ minifigures: Bail Organa, Princess Leia, Captain Antilles, C-3PO and a Rebel Fleet Trooper, plus an R2-D2 droid LEGO figure.
– Tantive IV LEGO® Star Wars™ construction toy features a radar that doubles as a carry handle, 2 detachable escape pods with space for a minifigure inside, opening cargo hold and removable cargo box, opening 2-minifigure cockpit, rotating and elevating stud-shooting turrets on top and 2 spring-loaded shooters underneath. The top hull detaches to reveal a detailed interior including a conference table, weapon rack and a control console with 2 seats for the minifigures.
– Weapons include a blaster pistol and 3 blasters.
– Also includes a pair of electrobinoculars.
– Captain Antilles minifigure is an updated version from 2009, while Princess Leia’s skirt and Bail Organa are new for April 2019.
– This highly detailed building toy construction set includes over 1,750 pieces.
– Recreate amazing moments from the opening scene of Star Wars: A New Hope or play out your own exciting adventures!
– LEGO® Star Wars™ starship measures over 5” (14cm) high, 24” (62cm) long and 7” (19cm) wide.