After the success of 21315 Pop-Up Book recently, LEGO Ideas has come up with a brilliant new competition on LEGO Ideas! The Create a Bricktastic Pop-Up Story Contest is now live – excellent name, too – and is asking entrants to build their own version of a pop-up insert. It’s a fantastic competition idea, and the prizes are even better!
The grand prize winner will get:
- A custom, special edition Pop-Up Book created by LEGO Designer Wes Talbott and featuring artwork by LEGO Graphic Designer Crystal Fontan
- A 8×16 tile signed by the LEGO Ideas team
- The complete 2018 LEGO Ideas assortment:
- 21104 NASA Mars Science Laboratory Curiosity Rover
- 1301 Birds
- LEGO Ideas tote bag
- LEGO FanTube interview opportunity
That is a seriously amazing prize collection! I love the idea of a custom, special edition Pop-Up Book. The runners up get some amazing prizes too. You can check out more details at the LEGO Ideas Blog, and read the full terms and conditions.
There’s a great little video featuring Jason Allemann and Grant Davis, the fan designers of 21315 Pop-Up Book that’s worth a watch.
Submissions are open right now, until January 3, 2019 and 6:00am EST.
Happy building, and good luck!