LEGO Ideas has just finished their first Review Results livestream, to announce the review results. It also included the verdict on the Playable LEGO Piano. I’m typing this as I go, so this will be interesting!
It was interesting, especially so as Sam revealed the secret criteria used when selecting a set to be approved. They were:
- Build quality – can it stand if it’s tall? Can it roll if it’s a car?
- Feasibility – looking at price, marketing, is it feasible for LEGO to produce it as a set?
- Playability – is it super exciting and great for display?
- Branding – is the subject or brand suitable for the LEGO Group
- Licensing opportunities to test out new licenses
- and finally, taking in products currently in development – is there a clash with something currently in development?
The results? The Pirate Bay gets the nod! Amazing result – this is a stunner of a project.
There was another – 123 Sesame Street got the nod as well. The presenters even had cookies to celebrate!
Not only that, there was another one! The Playable LEGO Piano. What a huge haul!
Hasan mentioned that Anatomini also wowed the review board but they couldn’t make a decision, so the results for that set will be delivered in the next Review stage, in January 2020. What a video! Man, I’m excited.