Exciting! LEGO has officially announced the release of 10273 Haunted House the latest in the Fairground series from Creator Expert. Yep, this is a fairground attraction!
Weighing in at a hefty 3,231 pieces, this will be available for purchase from May 20th 2020 for VIPs (June 1 for everyone), and will cost US $249.99 / DE €229.99 / UK £209.99 / AUD $349.99. It’s massive at 65cm tall, and 25x25cm.
Apart from Hidden Side we haven’t seen any haunted themes since Monster Fighters in 2012. That theme was immensely popular, and still fetches a good price on the secondary market, so this should do well.
It also doubles as a fairground attraction, with a giant drop freefall ride in that massive tower. The house itself is called the Manor von Barron – a nod to the Adventurers theme from the late 90s.
I love that the set opens up from the front, instead of leaving the back open. It means it’s going to be excellent for display. There’s also an interesting mechanism at the back for the freefall tower. A big chain goes from the top to the bottom and runs on the outside of the tower as well. I’m curious to see what it will be like.
There also appears to be some integration with LEGO Powered Up (sold separately) to control the elevator via the Powered Up app.
It comes with nine minifigures. There’s not a lot of information about them. There appears to be a pair of twins in top hats, four visitors (one in a wheelchair), and two ghosts, oh, and a skeleton. I’m a little disappointed that the ghosts aren’t the classic ghost costumes, but rather a white torso, white skirt slope and white hood. I guess the old mould isn’t produced any more.
The owner of the house – Samuel Von Barron apparently has an extensive collection of stolen artefacts which nod to LEGO sets of the past – the Organ of Catarino (I suspect a nod to the possible set designer -Tiago Catarino. Tiago did the Ship in a Bottle as well) and the Orb of OGEL.
Inside, the Organ of Catarino is visible on the left, and it looks beautiful, utilising recoloured candles for the organ pipes. There’s a lot of spooky little vignettes around, including an obelisk and what looks to be a gold canopic jar on the upper level?
The olive green, light bluish grey and black colour scheme also works really well.
I’m actually waiting for an early release copy to be sent to me, so when I get it I’ll be sure to build it and do a full review as quickly as I can!
For now, the full press release is below, as well as a few more images.
10273 LEGO® Haunted House
Ages 18+. 3,231 pieces
US $249.99 – CA $299.99 – DE €229.99 – UK £209.99 – FR €229.99 – DK 1799DKK – AUD $349.99
*Euro pricing varies by country. Please visit LEGO.com for regional pricing.
Enjoy a spine-tingling build
If you love ghosts, ghouls and things that go bump in the night, we’ve got a treat for you – the LEGO Haunted House (10273). Take time out of everyday life and explore something extraordinary as you discover the thrills and surprises packed into this stunning building project.
Spookily good details bring the store to life
Take your time building this impressive haunted house model, before exploring all the intricate details hidden within. The house opens up, making it easy to explore inside where you’ll discover a working free-fall ride plus automatic doors at the top of the tower. See the haunted front doors close for a spooky effect. Add the LEGO Powered Up components (available separately) to control the elevator via the Powered Up app.
A building project that’s full of thrills
This Haunted House is part of a collection of LEGO building kits for adults who appreciate clever design. This model also makes a scarily good gift, birthday present or Christmas gift.
• This creepy LEGO® Haunted House (10273) model provides hours of enjoyment for anyone looking to unwind with a new project. Build the spooky horror house then explore its impressive features and delightful details.
• Why should kids get all the fun when it comes to scary toys? This building kit is designed for adults but it includes lots of playful features, such as a free-fall ride, haunted doors and a cursed painting.
• If you appreciate beautiful details, you’ll love displaying your haunted house model. Upgrade the Haunted House with the LEGO® Powered Up components (available separately) to control the elevator via the app.
• Ideal for ghost hunters, thrill seekers and adult LEGO® fans alike, this Haunted House set makes a great birthday gift for your ghost-loving mum, dad, husband, wife, partner or friend and also makes a fun Halloween gift.
• This dark and spooky haunted manor measures over 26.5” (68cm) high, 9” (25cm) wide and 9” (25cm) deep, making it a challenging construction kit for adults and a great brick-built model to display.
• A battery is included with the light brick in this set, so you can enjoy the illumination right away.
• This set comes with coffee-table-style building instructions to guide and inspire you.
• Part of a series of inspiring LEGO® construction kits for adults, designed for LEGO building fans and hobbyists who love beautiful design and elegant LEGO models.
• LEGO® building bricks meet the highest industry standards, which ensures they are consistent, compatible and connect and pull apart easily every time – it’s been that way since 1958.
• LEGO® bricks and pieces are rigorously tested to ensure that every building set meets the highest safety and quality standards, so you can be sure that this model is designed to last.
Available directly from LEGO Stores & LEGO.com from 20th May, 2020