So after a lot of issues with the launch (official retailers actually having the item on shelves) and leaks left right and centre, I’m finally able to give out the official information about the stunning 21318 Tree House.
Available from July 24th for VIPs and to the general public on August 1st, 21318 Tree House contains 3036 pieces and will cost US $199.99 / DE €199.99 / UK £179.99 / AUS $279.99. That is not cheap!
It’s not easy to tell from the source photos, but I think it’s had some improvements, and for the better! With a SNOT structure, three little house sections and leaves galore, this is a beauty.
Inside the tree house is a main bedroom, a bathroom and a kid’s room, as well as lots of other beautiful details. There’s also a plethora of leaves – over 180 – all made from the plant based plastic. It comes with interchangeable autumn leaves as well.
The designers have managed to squeeze in a lot of nice little details into each room – I’d be pretty happy if this was my tree house!
The bathroom in particular is quite clever, although I’m not sure about the dark green toilet paper! I love the simplicity of the shower.
You can read the full press release below, as well as get a sense of scale with this guy above. I wonder if he’s thinking “why are there so many spare parts?”.
21318 LEGO® Ideas Tree House
Ages 16+. 3036 pieces
US $199.99 – CA $269.99 – DE €199.99 – UK £179.99 – FR €199.99 – DK 1799DKK –AUS $279.99
*Euro pricing varies by country. Please visit shop.LEGO.com for regional pricing.
Detailed Tree House model to challenge LEGO® builders and inspire endless play!
Build, display and play with this intricately detailed, 3,036-piece LEGO® Ideas 21318 Tree House playset. A complex build for experienced LEGO builders that all the family will love to play with, it features a landscape base and 3 LEGO tree house cabins—a main bedroom, bathroom and kids’ room. The tree has interchangeable sets of green summer leaf elements and yellow and brown fall leaf elements—these and various plant elements on the base are all made from sustainable-plant-based polyethylene plastic—and the treetop and cabin roofs are removable to allow easy access. The model is packed with play-inspiring features including a buildable picnic table and seats, swing, bonfire, treasure map and hidden gem element to play out a treasure hunt, and a wind-up crane on the balcony of the bedroom cabin. A great birthday gift, this unique creative toy comes with mom, dad and kids minifigures, plus a bird figure, to role-play fun family scenes. It also includes a booklet with building instructions and information about this LEGO Ideas set’s fan creator and LEGO designer.
· This LEGO® Ideas set includes 4 minifigures: mom, dad and 2 children, plus a bird figure.
· This challenging, 3,036-piece building toy features a landscape base, tree with interchangeable sets of green (summer) leaves and yellow and brown (fall) leaves, and a LEGO® Tree House with 3 cabins—main bedroom, bathroom and kids’ room.
· The treetop and cabin roofs are removable for easy access and play.
· Landscape base features a buildable picnic table with 4 minifigure seats and assorted elements to create a picnic, plus a buildable stream, swing (hanging from the tree), bonfire, hidden gem element, plant and bush elements, and a ladder to the cabins.
· Tree foliage features over 180 botanical elements made from plant-based polyethylene plastic using sustainably sourced sugarcane. Assorted plant elements around the tree are also made from this plant-based plastic. This is the first milestone in LEGO® Group’s ambitious commitment to make products using sustainable materials by 2030.
· Main bedroom cabin features a buildable bed, and assorted elements including hidden scissors (as a reference to the fan creator’s day job as a hairdresser), ship in a bottle, compass, clock plus a balcony with a hand-operated, wind-up crane to lift items up to the cabin.
· Bathroom features a buildable bathtub, toilet and sink.
· Kids’ room features bunk beds and assorted elements such as a book and treasure map.
· This LEGO® Ideas creative toy comes with a booklet with building instructions and information about this awesome set’s fan creator and LEGO designer.
· Measures over 14” (37cm) high, 10” (27cm) wide and 9” (24cm) deep.