Congratulations to Rudi Girardi! Rudi, you’ve won the Golden Ticket Family Pass.
If you’re a LEGO fan and live in the Perth area, there’s one show you do not want to miss out on – Bricktober Perth 2018. It’s a massive event that gets bigger and bigger each year, and this year is no exception! It’s on October 6th and 7th, from 9am to 4:15pm each day.
This year there’s over 250 tables of LEGO on display from 55 exhibitors (a literal stadium full), four brickpits of over 40,000 LEGO bricks to play with, build competitions, remote control LEGO, raffles, and so much more, all over 2 days!
So you can get an idea of what’s in store (if you didn’t make it to last year’s show), I’ve included some photos from Bricktober Perth 2017.
After having so much fun last year, I’ll be exhibiting again this year, with a custom Noah’s Ark display, and I’ll be bringing back my bigger Pop Up Books too. Feel free to swing past and say hi!
There’s seriously so much to see, you’d be crazy to miss it.
Tickets are $10 each, with a family of 4 getting in for $30. Kids under 2 are free. There’s no door sales, so you’ll need to go and book tickets online. There’s also a timed entry system, to ease the long queues. Once you’re in, you can stay as long as you like.
The Bricktober Perth 2018 organising committee has kindly given me a Golden Ticket Family Pass to give away to one of you! Each family pass will give free VIP access to the show on either the Saturday 6th or Sunday 7th October at any time, for a whole family! Family tickets are one adult and any combination of three other people.
To win, simply send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Bricktober Perth 2018“, and let me know why you’d love to be at Bricktober Perth 2018, and what you’re most looking forward to seeing. Make sure to include your full name and mobile number.
Entries must be submitted by 11:59pm (AWST) Saturday, 29th September, 2018. I’ll randomly select a winner, who will receive the family pass. The winner will be notified by email on Sunday 30th September.
The full press release from Bricktober Perth 2018’s organising committee is below, with all the amazing details!
Bricktober – Perth 2018 is a fun yearly event that showcases the largest collection of local, ‘WA made’ collections of models built from LEGO® by fans of the brick in Perth W.A. Built by the Community for the Community. This year we have 55 local Perth Volunteer Exhibitors. The show will feature the LEGO® themes of: City and Trains, Friends, Technic®, Star Wars®, Disney Princesses®, Superheroes & much, much more!
The event runs over 2 days with a stadium full of LEGO on display. We have:
– Over 250 tables of LEGO on display, built by the Community for the Community.
– 4 “Brickpits” of over 40,000 LEGO® bricks that you can play with.
Animated LEGO® films on the big screen.
– Building Competitions on the day (please note numbers are limited – sign up on the day)
– Appearances by Life Size Mr Brick – Have your photo taken with him!
– Appearances by Superheroes, Princesses and Star Wars characters.
– Drive a LEGO® Train or Technic® model with a remote control.
– Build a LEGO car and race your friends on the Racer Ramp.
– Buy a raffle ticket to win cool LEGO® sets.
– Take a guess at the number of pieces in a jar of LEGO® and win the Jar of LEGO®.
– Purchase LEGO® from sellers and merchandise at the Bricktober Merchandise stalls.
– Purchase and Build your own Minifig at our special Build A Minifig station.
– Free stuff before the show with a chance to win tickets to the show – Enter our COLOURING COMPETITION and Shoe Box MOC – There are prizes for different groups: boys & girls and an AFOL category – details on our Facebook page & Website.
– Build and run a Mindstorms® robot at the Mindmash play area.
– Marvel at The Bricktober-Perth Great Ball Contraption.
– Refreshments are available on site. Barista Coffee, Thermomix® Soups, Hamburgers, Sausage Sizzle, Snacks or bring our own.
– Perth’s best family value day out!
Back at our new our bigger and better venue:
6th & 7th October 2018
9am – 4:15pm
Kent St, Bentley, on the grounds of Curtin University
Tickets can be pre purchased at http://www.bricktober.info/booking-2018/
Tickets are a family friendly $30 for a family of 4. $10 a single ticket.
Children under the age of 2 years are admitted free.
We will have pre-purchased, timed entry slots every 30 minutes to ease the long queues.
Please note – No door sales. Once in, you can stay as look as you like. STAY, PLAY AND LOOK as long as you want.
Bricktober is a project of the The Rotary Club of Ascot (Inc) and supported by The West Coast LEGO User Group- Funds raised go towards support for programs for young children and other Rotary and community projects. All funds raised go towards setting up LEGO Play Groups and other Rotary and community projects. The main beneficiaries of the event have been:
Set up and funding of 20 clubs that offer the “LEGO ® Play Experience” to children with a focus on children with Autism
– Support for The Rotary Foundation that funds and develops programs around the world, helping to achieve world understanding and peace through international humanitarian, educational, and cultural exchange programs. The world eradication of Polio is one of the fund’s main projects.
– The Rotary Club of Ascot has, in the last 7 years, developed the supply of fresh drinking water to communities in East Timor Leste.
– Funding a Interplast team of Doctors that travel to developing countries and perform surgery on locals affected by suffering deformities, like hair lip and burns.
For more information about the benefits of LEGO® play, visit http://asdaid.org/lego-and-asd/lego-therapy
Tickets at http://www.bricktober.info/booking-2018/